Forbes and Statista have recognized National Grid US on their annual list of America’s Best Employers for Diversity. At National Grid, we value every walk of life. We work hard to create a work environment where everyone has the chance to voice their opinions because we know that having different perspectives makes us stronger. It’s how we constantly and continuously push innovation and strive to create a better future for everyone, so it’s essential that we build an inclusive and diverse workforce. Read more about National Grid’s Diversity and Inclusion statement here.
National Grid is an electricity, natural gas, and clean energy delivery company that supplies the energy for more than 20 million people.
Enabling Disability Confidence US
We understand that strength lies in difference. Our Employee Resource Groups (ERG) support each other, and our organization, to become stronger. They help build awareness and understanding of inclusion and diversity so that everyone can be their true self and reach their full potential.
Our vision is to foster a more inclusive workplace in which the full abilities of all colleagues are unleashed and where applicants with disabilities and caregivers view National Grid as a workplace of choice.
To achieve this, we will:
- Increase employment and self-disclosure of persons with disabilities at National Grid;
- Increase the professional development of colleagues with disabilities;
- Create a flexible work/life environment for colleagues who are caregivers for individuals with disabilities;
- Help colleagues find support, resources and education on disability issues;
- Provide colleagues and managers with tools that allows them to comfortably work with and manage people with disabilities;
- Raise awareness of issues impacting colleagues and customers with disabilities and how National Grid can best serve this community.